Is it weird to like your best friend?

Hes like my friend Ive known for like 4 weeks or something and hes really nice, we talk alll the time. But it kinda feels weird liking him :/

JordanRochelle

Asked by JordanRochelle at 2:12 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• It depends on your version of like. I LOVE my best friend! I couldn't ask for any better, he's like my brother. and no, i'm not talking about my DH (although I LOVE him too!! and he is the bestest man I could ever have... But my bestfriend is a guy and i've known him for gosh... 10 years now..
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• He's your "best" friend and you've known him for 4 weeks? Wow. That's odd. I've known my best friend for over 20 years. Know, it's not weird to like your best friend. Be weird not to, though, I'd think. Hardly a good friend if you don't even like him??
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think its odd for him to be your best friend after only 4 weeks also but that aside, its very common for people to catch feelings for there opposite sex friends.....it happens all the time, sometimes it works but often times it ruins the friendship.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:19 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Be careful not to ruin your friendship
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:20 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think 4 weeks is long enough to call someone a best friend. To answer your question, no, it's not weird to like your best friend. There is a line though, does he feel the same? If he does not if could ruin the friendship, but if he is a true friend it will not and you will need to suppress your feelings. On the other hand, my dh liked me more than a best friend before I even realized and we've been married almost 8 years.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:12 AM on May. 9, 2011