Does your husband do this or anyone?

Well my hubby has really bad allergies and there are times he makes this stupid annoying loud noise when he sniff (as though having a very runny nose) he will get a tissue but somehow he still has to make that dumb sound (sniff) when I have sniffles I just blow my nose but every now and then I just have a little sniffle I just take a quick sniff. Sometimes when we watch tv it is nice and quiet then he does it. It is loud and he scares me (startles me) it makes me mad. I just go with the flow I mean what can u do. right! PS his daughter does it she 16 and now our 5 year daughter does it...oh! no. Could this be heriditery. Sometimes they do it so hard they sound like pigs snorkling. I hate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Not saying this is the case with him, but just something to think about - I have allergies so I have a stuffed and/or runny nose yr round. Depending on the season, I can't blow it b/c it only makes it worse. It will make the end of my nose raw from blowing so much, as well as bleeding. I have so much "stuff" at that time of yr that I wouldn't be able to breathe b/c I'd be blowing ALL the time. So, it may be that he doesn't blow b/c he knows it will make it worse. Of course, I don't sniff really loud or anything, but I do sniff instead. Just something to think about. And yes, it could be genetic. Allergies can be at least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• LOL. They just learned it from him. Try to discourage it though as it could lead to a sinus infection. It's better to blow and get it all out than to suck it into your sinuses
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I guess you would not want to be around me when I have a cold. I have a barking type cough.
    I think your just going to have to deal with this snifling he does.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Can you hear mine blowing his nose right now?? It's so loud. It wakes the children. It is louder than the TV. I don't understand. He does this every day, sometimes several times. I really REALLY hope my kids do not take after him.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I call that "sniffing snot". When I hear someone at my house do it I ususally say "YUCK! Get a kleenex you gross person!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2008