Mothers that are adult entertainers...

Is a mother that is an adult entertainer [exotic dancer, escort, porn star, etc.] necessarily a bad mother, because of what she does for a living?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• NO NO NO NO NO and did I mention NO? As long as she doesn't live that lifestyle (work) in front of her children. I knew a couple adult entertainers growing up and they were great mothers...what you do does not define who you are.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:15 AM on May. 9, 2011

• As long as Mom doesn't ever bring work home with her except for the money, work shouldn't impact her ability to parent.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:17 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No! Like PPs said as long as work stays separate. In the case of actually having sex with people there's also the added responsibility of being as safe as possible and getting tested regularly.
    It's so weird that in a society fueld by sex it's so taboo...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• everybody chimes in with no.. but really what you do does define you and you are a role model so I dunno... I guess it depends on what type of children you are raising. I am not prudish and don't think nudity and that sort is a "bad" thing but selling ones body is another topic .... each person must decide for themselves.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:02 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Of course not. Her JOB and her parenting are two different things. There are GREAT and HORRID parents in ALL walks of life, including the adult industries!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Not a bad mother, but not someone you want at your child's career day, either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• As long as she loves and cares for her children then NO of course she isn't a bad mother, it's not the ideal job for a mither I'll be honest, but some mothers care soooo much that they do anything to provide for their family, weather it be an office job or an 'adult entertainer'.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:41 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Not at all. It's a living.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I knew someone who was a exotic dancer (aka stripper), she did it because she could have her days with her child, and then work at night when he was sleeping. She also said the money was really good and gave her the means to provide for her son and put some $ aside for him for his future (like college if he wants). Her job did not interfere with her ability to love and parent her child, and she also made sure to keep her 'work life' and her 'home life' separate.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• absolutly not! as long as work stays at work. she is providing a life for the kids and probably making good money doing it!
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 11:14 AM on May. 9, 2011