What can I do about being tired all the time?

I am diabetic so can't have things that are loaded with sugar and I exercise and get out every day but am still tired what else can be done?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:49 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• I agree with taking a vitamin. I really liked the women's one a day active metabolism. Also, when i was feeling tired all the time, it turned out i ended up being depressed. Once i got that back on track, i was full of energy again.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 9:46 AM on May. 9, 2011

• increase your vitamin c intake or take a daily multi-vitamin. is your sugar under control? sometimes if it's too low it will cause you to feel fatigued.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• have you been eating enough iron ?

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with tnm786....Vitamin C and multi vitamins. Make sure you are eating healthy and drinking lots of water.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:52 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Im anemic-iron i slow.Take a multi vitamin.
    johnny4ever

Answer by johnny4ever at 8:40 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Are your bg levels under control, whats your A1c like? The sluggish feeling can be from your bg levels being too high most of the same. It's not just sugar to avoid but any white carb that high on the glycemic index or that you just have a personal reaction to. For example, I can eat the occasional small baked potato, but I can't touch mashed potatoes. Your metabolism might be sluggish, you might want to check out Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels....the way of eating in this book is very healthy and similar to Eating Clean by Tosca Reno and This is why your fat By Jackie Warner....all excellent books!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I am taking a multi-vitamin that the doctor has prescribed should I add a Vitamin C also?
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:28 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm diabetic & if my suagr is not well controlled I will feel fatigued 24/7. I recommend the book "Diabetes for Dummies". It helped me immensely when I was first diagnosed. You can find it at Walmart by the diabetic supplies. It's a very small, inexpensive paperback that's easy to understand. That said; have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroidism can cause constant fatigue; among many other symptoms, but you'll need to have thyroid blood work done to see what your levels are. Vitamin C is always good for you, as our bodies do not store it. Iron is okay, providing you actually need it. I'd suggest a visit to your family doctor first before you self-treat, as iron can be dangerous if you arent iron deficient. Your doctor can order blood work that will give you many answers, & that's what I suggest. Look up "Hypothyroidism" & see if you suffer from any of the symptoms. Good luck, & I hope you feel better soon.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:28 AM on May. 9, 2011