What time does your Middle Schooler have to go to bed during school nights?

My 12 year old wants to stay up longer when he goes back to Middle School in August and I would like to know how long do you let your kid that age stay up during a school night. Right now I like to see im go to bed around 9 PM

Mullinex

Asked by Mullinex at 8:13 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• About 9:30-10. As long as she gets up on time and isn't cranky, it's not too much of an issue
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• 9 or 10 and could read as long as they wanted.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My 13 year old goes to bed at 9 unless he had a game or something that caused us not to be home. Next year we talked about letting him stay up til 9:30.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 8:18 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I dont have a middle schooler , But when i was that age . I had to be in bed by 10 , but i could watch tv , listen to music , ect .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 8:19 AM on May. 9, 2011

• mine has to be in bed by 9:30 but she is allowed to stay awake til 11, it works for her ,she gets up easily for school & never complains about being sleepy , but she doesn't get up til 7am so our situation may be a little different.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:20 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Thanks for your answers. I thought I would let him stay up till 10 pm. Your answers help me see that that is a reasonable time.
    Mullinex

Comment by Mullinex (original poster) at 8:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My 13 yr old is in bed 9-9:30. I don't think it will change anytime soon as long as I am having to wake him after the alarm goes off. My kids get up at 6:30 to leave by 7:30. Their school day is long and some days they are falling asleep in their dinner by Friday.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:32 AM on May. 9, 2011