What do you think of the works of these Atheists?

Click here  for the list

Jeffrey Dahmer is on it, is your favorite on there?  What do you think of the list? What do you think of those that claim its religion that makes people do wrong or is the root of evil in this world?  Pretty impressive group on this list. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP...I do understand what you are trying to say. I have seen the arrogant attitude from a few on here that condemns anything Christian as bad, but I think the point is going to go over some heads.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:08 AM on May. 9, 2011

• This is pretty pointless you know. It's just going to stir sh*t up. Anybody fair-minded knows that there are horrible people of all stripes, including religious, anti-religious and everything in between.
    Christians who try to deny that other christians have done some horrible things are as blind as the atheists who think that all non-believers are warm and fuzzy humanitarians.
    Bottom line? Sucky people everywhere.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:24 AM on May. 9, 2011

• And re: vicesix's answer, of course there are fabulous, inspiring people everywhere, too.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Would you like a list of Evil Christians too? There are crazy and Evil people in EVERY belief system. That doesn't mean the belief system itself is bad or wrong, it simply means THOSE PEOPLE are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Shall we list the hundreds that give Christianity a bad name?

There is no specific religion for someone who is psychotic....there are psycho's in every religion. This post is MOOOT....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:53 AM on May. 9, 2011

• "you have read the many posts that Atheists put up that claim that Atheists are the superior path."

I beg of you to specifically link to any statement regarding "Atheist Superiority". Simply stating that you feel that way, doesn't make it true :)

No one is in denial here, that PEOPLE do bad things, regardless of their affiliation. The difference is, that we're not walking around in the name of our "god" attempting to justify violence.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• What's the point? There are good and bad people in every faith group. No one ever said that religion (or lack thereof) is what makes a person good or bad. Do you really think that Jeffrey Dahmer would have been an exemplary human being if he considered himself a Christian? Personally, I doubt it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:58 AM on May. 9, 2011

• oh well...this looks like a good day to go ahead and mop floors.

just once, i'd like to not see a 'she did it first' post.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh yeah, forgot to point out the positive Tracys2, lol. It's been a tough weekend :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Well...with people like David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Fred Phelps on the 10 people who give Christianity a bad name...I wouldn't be pointing any fingers.

*Just sayin

http://listverse.com/2010/02/23/10-people-who-give-christianity-a-bad-name/    * I put in religion when I did the search- not Christianity-but anyhow...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:56 AM on May. 9, 2011