Can someone help me to understand this?

I am always receiving all kinds of emails from my friends and family saying stuff like your are special or you very special to me or blah blah blah then it says to send it to so many people and sometimes send it back to who ever sent it to you.
I don't get it I understand to just pass it on and something about getting some kind of surprise or even a miracle. I feel blessed already so what is the big deal on that I don't like doing that because I feel like it could be junk to other people. I just kind of ignore them and move on. Am I just being a fuddy duddy. Please explain the fun in this maybe I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have a friend that sens me those chian e-mails and every pic of puppy's and kittens...soooooooooooooooooooooo tedious. I dont blame you one bit for hating them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It's just the email version of chain mail, and you are not the only one who thinks they're junk. I get them all the time, and I just delete them. I never pass them on. If you don't like passing them on, then don't.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I get that stuff from my mom ALL the time...I also think like you do, how could a miricle happen from passing on emails? Well since my mom is the only one that sends them to me, this is how I handle it. I only send it back to her since I know it makes her feel good. (Plus she is really sick and she lays in bed a lot and has nothing else to do :( )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I also think that if I were THAT special, maybe I'd get a personal email or a phone call. I just delete them and take my chances on that miracle.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I read them. If it sometime particularly meaningful or reminds me of someone I will forward it, but as a general rule, they go straight to the trash folder.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I know who to read forwards from, because most of it is junk. My sister or my friend Kurt will send me good forwards or jokes...but maybe once or twice a month...others send me that "send this to 10 people in 10 minutes and your wish will come true" garbage. Most of the time I don't even read them.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It's amazing how many little miracles occur in our lives daily when we're looking for them. So, when I get one of the "BlueFrogMama"'s online equivalent to a chain letter, I'll read it (if it's not terminally long) and then LOOK for the miracle that nearly always happens. Then, if I can, I try to remember to e-mail the sender later and tell them how the e-mail touched me. Granted, I have more time than most, but when the sender realizes that you seriously read them and look for good things in your life, they tend to be more careful in forwarding "junk" to you.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008