Im trying to get my kid to eat yogurt...

i am advised i can only use plain yogurt so i cut up bits of fruit and mix it into the yogurt. its still taste really tart and my daughter doesnt like it. when am i able to buy her flavored yogurt?...she is 1 yr old. taking her off the bottle so i want her to start enjoying yogurt ,c hesse, milk...ect

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 9:27 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Who told you only to use plain yogurt? I used Stonyfield Farms whole milk vanilla yogurt when my daughter was that age.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:30 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I waited and tried again when she was older. ObbyDoobie.. WOW.... really? *Face meets palm*
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:52 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My kids ate yogurt at 9months. think there is toddler yogurt that they sell now. I just used the regular strawberry, straberry banana ones though no crazy flavors to start with.
    kittylover333

Answer by kittylover333 at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I also uses flavored yogurt. My doc told me that he is only allowed to servings a day(he love it) because it may cause anemia and constipation if he eat to much.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think yogurt is something you either really like or do not like at all. I can't stand the stuff, but both my childen liked it. I started giving them yogurt prob before they turned 1. Like someone else said, there is baby yogurt, and Gerber sells yogurt, too. It is shelved with jar baby food. I wouldn't worry, maybe she just does not like it. Or try the flavored, it is not going to hurt her. No need to push it. Take a break from it, and try again in a few weeks.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:54 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Any regular yogurt, regardless of brand, is insanely high in sugar. Forget the yogurt unless you want a child dependant on sugar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• umm, my baby food books..thank you!!!! i will try that
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• You can use the sweetened yogurt. Strawberry, banana, etc.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:46 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Try Yo baby yogurt, my DD loved it. If you are set on using the plain yogurt, you could add a little vanilla extract or apple sauce for flavoring.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:54 AM on May. 9, 2011

• We started with baby yogurt in jars. We always bought a flavor. Plain will always be tart. It's like eating fruit on the bottom yogurt without stirring.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:55 AM on May. 9, 2011