I am making a recipe book for my son....all the family favorites but what hints for cooking should I include?

Bought the book at Walmart and wrote some recipes on cards and used book tape and wrote some recipes on the pages. Doing it all in colored calligraphy pens and it looks nice but want it to be really special. Any ideas appreciated! So far have about 100 recipes.

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 9:30 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• To experiment and make recipes his own. Try new things, techniques and not to be afraid to make mistakes. I have made some of the best foods by making mistakes. Cook for his girlfriend and his mom!!! Hints for putting out grease fires, how to fix burnt pasta sauce, etc. Maybe a conversion chart for teaspoons to cups, etc. Correct temps that meat needs to be cooked to. How long foods can be kept for. How long leftovers are good for and how long foods can be kept out safely.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• depends on the age of your son? ....things like tips on how to put out a grease fire (w/baking soda).....what kind of baking dishes work best....ie.....glass , metal, ect......not washing knives in the dishwasher.....these are the things that i was always calling my mom and asking when i first moved out...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:38 AM on May. 9, 2011

• be sure to catergorize it. Apptizer, beef, breads, cakes, chicken/turkey, cookies, desserts, dips/sauces/rubs, drinks, eggs/ breakfast, fish, main dishes, pasta, pastry, pies, pork, potatoes/beans, rice, salads, salsa, sandwiches, seafood, soups, stuffing and vegetables. Those catergories worked for me but you could go by the usual appetizers, breads, breakfast, side dishes, soups/salads, maindishes, desserts catergories too.

also if the recipe takes more then one card, i like to punch holes in the corner and tie them with a string. you could also buy fabric that has cooking pictures on it and spray glue and put it on your book.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:39 AM on May. 9, 2011