Do you have spring time allergies?

Do you use over the counter meds that allow you to cope? When mine are real bad when scalp even itches, eyes swell and I sneeze all the time.

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 9:41 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• Neti pot, zyrtec and NaphconA eyedrops. If it gets too bad I'll call in for a Omnaris
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:56 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I use my netti pot. It's the only thing that helps. I also take ibuprofen for the inflammation in my nose. Cold/allergy meds just don't work for me.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:42 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I have no allergies thank goodness
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 9:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I use generic zyrtec. It helps a lot for me.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:59 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Mine aren't too bad, but DD suffers a lot. She takes Claritin...until the 1st frost in the fall.  Actually, we get her the generic version.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:59 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My whole family struggles to varying degrees. 2 of my girls have to take maximum doses of allergy meds (we actually do 3 weeks on 1, 3 weeks on another - it's the only way they work for them and our doc knows it). My other 2 kids aren't affected as bad. DH deals with it his way (he'll take allergy meds some times), and nothing works for me. I'm a step away from needing shots to deal with them but my insurance won't cover it so I just take Sudafed when it's getting bad and I spend a lot of time inside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I rinse my eyes and sinuses with warm salt water. It really helps. I take a benadryl (generic diphenhydramine ) at bedtime - makes me too sleepy during the day.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:17 PM on May. 9, 2011