Two year old boys peeing problems?

We just finished potty training my 2 year old, and now we're noticing some problems. His pee-er is always standing up whenever he tells us that he has to pee. He cries and cries, because he has to pee but it's like because it's standing up he can't pee. When it calms down, he does pee and feels better. But this morning I noticed that when he had to pee, his thing was standing up, and it wasn't pee that came out and first... someone please help me! Should I be taking him to the dr? Is this a normal thing? And please, don't tell me he's touching himself or what not, because that isn't the case.

eternityiscomin

Asked by eternityiscomin at 9:49 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What do you think came out first when he peed this morning?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• His pee-er? Call it by it's proper name, his Twinkie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh Anon... that is the best post yet today!

:D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't know what it was. It was foamy.
    eternityiscomin

Comment by eternityiscomin (original poster) at 9:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• if yoou are concerned or worried about this, give the doctor a call
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:57 AM on May. 9, 2011

• The hard penis is normal...completely normal. Look at your dh in the morning, he will have a boner. Boys get them their entire lives, it is a biological response to keep the penis healthy. The foamy stuff?... I would call and see about getting his urine checked for an infection.

As for the crying because it hurts, my middle son would wake up crying because his bladder hurt and he didn't know that he had to pee. So I would just bring him to the bathroom and sit him on the toilet and hug him and tell him to relax until he peed. After a few days he figured out that pain meant he had to pee.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:01 AM on May. 9, 2011

• If he's peeing foam you need to at least call the doctor. Being hard is normal, my son's gets bigger when he has to pee and shrinks as soon as he's done (I'm not a pervert, he's young and still needs help opening the toilet), but he's never peed foam. I'd want to know if he had a UTI or something like that - which could also explain why he cries, etc, when he has to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 9, 2011