Do you see some CM mommas as anti-christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yes, because some are!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I've met a few on here that are just Anti-Religion, a few that are Anti-Christian and a few that are Anti-Pagan... I think any time you have such a broad collection of beliefs and people in one place you're always going to have a few that fit in to those (and more) "Anti" categories. It's just the nature of the beast. BUT, for the most part I'd say most are generally tolerant - even on points they don't agree on.

What I have noticed more than those who are ANTI-anything are those who are overly offended. I've seen many people be accused of being Anti this or that simply because they don't agree or because they question. However, questioning or having a different opinion is NOT being against, it's just thinking for ones self.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I see *some* CM mommas as incapable of understanding that differing beliefs doesn't mean hatred, persecution, or infringement upon their right to belief.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:05 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i see ALOT of ANTI-everything/everyone different from themselves.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:09 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Sure... and I see some as anti-atheism. No big deal... if they want to waste their time being anti-whatever then more power to them.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i think that people can belong to a religion & still grow & think independently...

It's not about "being ready to take that step"...that sounds very egotistical...as if you have taken that step, but religious people cannot.

There are MANY independent thinkers, who grow, become wise & also belong to a specific religion. To say otherwise is quite ignorant.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Here's the thing. Most people here who may appear to be "anti-Christian", or "anti-religion", are not so much "anti-religion" as we are simply against having others push their religious views into our life. We are against having laws created because of religious beliefs. We are against having to deal with people who threaten us (or our children) with Hell because we don't believe in their "God". We are against having the rights of others restricted because of religious dogma.

Do you really think it's logical for someone who doesn't share certain religious beliefs to just allow those beliefs to be forced into their life, without saying a word against it?
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:28 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm anti-religion, and since Christianity is a religion I guess I'd be anti-Christian. I love to discuss it with people because it's interesting in a psychological way as I'm sure people also analyze my non-belief.  Both sides learn a lot about how and why we believe what we do.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I can only recall2 or 3 that are Anti-theist, or anti-religion and they have all admitted to it in this post. As for others that may come across that way it isn't that they are against Christianity but rather disagree with some of the teachings or simply don't appreciate being proselytized to as they are aware of what Christian beliefs state. There's also the anti-condemnation crowd that really don't care how much a Christian says that XYZ group is going to hell.  And No the Hellfire and Brimstone group is not a majority of Christians in this section, but they are the most annoying Christians. Likewise though the anti-theist bunch can be the same. Really it comes down to there being 2 sides to every coin and all "religions" ahve their extremists

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• *Some*? Yes. I've only noticed a few that I would say are anti-Christian. I don't think disagreeing or asking questions about different viewpoints within Christianity is necessarily 'anti' anything though, so I'd say I've noticed a few. But, I've also noticed non-theists stick up for Christians and other religious people and I've seen many people who seem to have a live and let live attitude even if they enjoy discussing differences. I'm sure there are also examples of people on CM who are anti-atheists, anti-Buddhists, anti-any Christian branch besides their own, anti-Muslim, etc. too. I don't make any assumptions that one atheist represents all atheists; the same as I don't assume that extremists or the most dogmatic practitioners of any religion represent all it's followers. Religious and non-religious groups are very diverse. There are 'good' and 'bad' people in both religious groups and non-religious groups.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2011