Whats the latest you've seen a kid be potty trained?

My daughter is 3. Won't "go"

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 9:58 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I JUST got my 5 year-old DD (my oldest) potty trained during the day, we are still having some issues with night time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My DD just turned 3 last month and she's only 90% (still working on BM and public issues). My friend has a son who will be 4 in August, and she's only just starting with him, but in her case it was just laziness.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• ust efore school starts. school is a greeat incentive for both the kid and the parents.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:05 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My nephew was 4.5 when he finally was potty trained. He was also a big kid so when he pooped it was like changing an adult's diaper. YUCK! There was nothing wrong with him except that my sister was too damn lazy to work on potty training.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• 3 can be the magic age. Try not to stress. Relaxing the situation can make it happen.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My 3 boys were all late trainers, my 1st (he has ASD) was finally fully trained just before his 5th birthday (we worked on it for almost 3 years!), my 2nd was the easiest- he was fully trained when he was 4, and my 3rd was the most stubborn and resistive to using the potty-- he finally got trained just after his 5th birthday. (the oldest and youngest still wet the bed at night some nights=== we are working on that issue)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:07 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My dd just did get potty trained right before 3 1/2 so she could go to preschool. I learned that they will cooperate when they are ready, the more I pushed, the more she didn't go. So, I backed off, and it helped. There was a girl in preschool with her during her second year still in pull ups, she was 4 maybe?? I know how frustrating it is!! I am trying to train my ds who is 2 1/2, so he can start preschool this fall. He DOES NOT want to do it. I was told the other day, after getting him into position to go, that "No, too hard do." So, diaper back on.... (so sick of diapers!!!) Like me, just be patient, it will happen.....eventually!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:07 AM on May. 9, 2011

• There is a girl in my daughters kindergarten class that is not potty trained. Her mom doesn't even try, she says "when they're ready they'll just do it" which makes most of us cringe. She's real nice, but she's got 2 girls and neither of them are potty trained.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:10 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My younger 2 were 3 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• all 3 of my kids were potty trained within a month of them turning 2. .. Can't believe there are 4 an 5 year olds out there who still wear diapers..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:22 AM on May. 9, 2011