Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

DD's Biological father..? adult content

I am not trying to be a bitch.. but..
Last night he texted me saying : I am so sorry but I am not of sound body or mind plz tell DD daddy loves her and sweet dreams, and then i asked whats going on? and he said life pl tell DD daddy loves her very much. and then Please forgive me I love her but i am not well.
OMG so I called the police to have them do a well check on him or whatever..
but I have to leave her with him over the summer.. and hes got depression has tried to kill himself before (like in HS or something) and got on meds then) and now he is off his meds because they are too expensive.
My parents killed themselves back in 06. I am WAY uncomfortable leaving my daughter with him. I dont think its going to happen now.

what the hell am I supposed to do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (17)
  • You can probably go to court and get a change of visitation based on the fact he has a history of attempting suicide and is not taking his medication. I would talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:21 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • I would be seeking other means of care for her. It's not safe if he's at risk of causing harm to himself.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • i would not let her go!! if you have a visitation order i would petition the court to do a mental evaluation on him. you would never forgive yourself if anything happened to your child. if you are on speaking terms with him see if you can get him to go to a counselor or call crisis services. good luck

    Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • HELL no! He was crying out for help! You can NOT leave your child with him for ANY length of time, and I think he was telling you that... Call a lawyer and start making this official now...

    Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • Keep the texts on ur phone and get an attorney.

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:24 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • OKay will call today..but its monday so IDK what will happen.. and she is supposed to go back at the end of the month..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • I would contact a lawyer and ASAP, hopefull you have the text! I think that you will be able to keep her this summer, have you called him and just asked what the heck is going on? I would involve his parents, if he needs help someone needs to step up!

    Answer by kimigogo at 10:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • I'd get a court ordered stipulation requiring that he be on his medication before he's allowed long term unsupervised visits. But I'd also let him know you're doing this, I think if he found out from the courts or being served it would be worse for him and he was reaching out to you. I'd do it as nicely as possible, just let him know that without his medication he worries you and you're extremely concerned about him. You want him to be around his daughter, but you also need him to be at his best when he's got her for her sake so he needs to get back on his medication and that you're going to seek some changes in the court order to make sure that you guys are covered in case something like this happens again.

    Maybe also ask if he's contacted the drug company that manufactures his medication about getting some help to pay for it. There are options out there for people who can't afford their medication.

    Answer by miss_lisa at 10:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • the thing there is if I try to talk to him about it, he will get mad, and freak out on me. He did go to someone or thing, where he got evaluated as not a harm to himself.. o0

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • Don't go to him, don't talk. Go straight to a lawyer with those texts and get the court to change the visitation asap.

    Answer by aishanabuaisha at 10:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.