Where do you find summer daycare, mine just fell through! :(

Our summer care provider called me last night and said her husband is having major health issues,, I feel bad for her! My DS is in kindergarten and has only had her be his provider,,, well now I don't even know where to begin, Have you ladies used Y-care? How did you find a new place? I am very nervous about leaving him with anyone I don't know,, most of my friends live prettty far away from me, so it is too far to drive to any of their providers houses! Any help would be appreciated!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:23 AM on May. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Look into all the local camps. It's not too late. The Y is good. Look around. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:25 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Call the elementary school. The YMCA, Recreation Centers.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Do any of your neighbors or relatives or friends have any older high school/college age kids that are looking for a summer job that can come to your home as a "nanny"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Call your local Parks and Recreation Department - around here their summer camp programs are MUCH cheaper than our Y!

Answer by missanc at 10:42 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Ask a stay at home mom!!! That is what I do for a living....I answered an ad on craigslist.com in childcare, and am babysitting in my home. It is often cheaper than other forms or establishments......
    cutiepiesmama

Answer by cutiepiesmama at 12:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My step daughter went to the YMCA in her town... She liked it. I would find one that let you log onto and see your little one through web cams set up.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:03 AM on May. 10, 2011