How Late Would You Let Your Teen Stay Out For Prom?

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 10:24 AM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Our prom doesn't get over until 11:30 and after prom is until 2:00. The kids then usually go to a friends or a nearby town (20 min.) for breakfast. My daughter hasn't went yet but when she is old enough in a year or two she will be allowed out til they get back from eating. She continually checks in wherever she is so I know she would keep in touch and I trust her to make good decisions.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 11:01 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My son went this year. He is a Junior and 17. He was allowed out until 2am with his friends, but his gf had to be in early so he was home before midnight. My dd whose 21 now also had a 2am cerphew, but was in by 1am.

Answer by gemgem at 10:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I would aim for 2 hours after prom ends. Good Luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• As late as they wanted to. I stayed out all night. Prom is a once in a lifetime event, so IMO why not let the kids do what they want on their night? Of course, everyone is different, and I'm just giving my opinion cuz you asked but obvioulsy there has to be some level of trust there.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:27 AM on May. 9, 2011

• We used to have an all night event after the prom,, if child is a senior,, I would trust they could make good choices, I would see what the group is doing after prom and plan accordingly,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:29 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I came home the next afternoon. I slept over a t a friend's house then went out for brunch.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:25 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My kids are still little but when they do get to that age I would think 11:30 or 12 would be a good time.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's totally a different these days, cause you have so many kids getting in car accidents and other things going on that you should really think about and it depends on the child and what kind of things they get into
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:30 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Here they rent hotel rooms over night. It is no big deal. By Prom kids are or should be old enough to have some responsibility for themselves and not need their parents hovering over them. Prom also does not let out until 11-12 so asking them to come home before or at that time is asking them to miss part of the prom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Hotel room or anywhere overnite ... no way in hell.- anon

so your kids arnt allowed to spend the night at friends house? and if you are so sure of your parenting and belive that you are right why are you too ashamed to admit who you are.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 10:46 AM on May. 9, 2011