Anyone live in houston texas?

My dd is turning 4 in august and I want to put her into pre-k
What sre the schools like?
Do they stay all day or half the day?
How much do they charge?

THANKYOU!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sorry, as for the school day, it differs but most in Houston are full day right now though budget cuts may change that. the cost depends also. I'd pay anything to keep my kids out of the public schools there. They do have paid pre k if you meet the requirements but I'd never use it. Like I said budget costs are big so who knows what they will cost next school year. You can get more info here-
    http://www.houstonprek.org/
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:05 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Check with the local schools in your area via google, up here in Clifton it's not too bad but it all differs by district and school.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i'm from houston, tx. be careful looking into HISD schools!! ya might wanna branch out a little from the city itself. ;)
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 10:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Disclaimer: I don't live in Houston, but I used to live there. I don't know how familiar you are with education in Texas, but schools are organized into school districts and Houston has MANY of them. Where are you planning to live? That will make a big difference in the schools you are looking at.

BTW zoejains_momma, I've been up to Clifton several times. Its a lovely place!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I live 20 miles outside of Houston and have had 3 kids go through the Deer Park Schools. I have only one recommendation for you. Move! I would never put my child in a Houston school.
    At least make sure you look into the school with a magnifying glass. If you don't find good news I'd start saving so I could move outside of Houston to a better school district.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:59 AM on May. 9, 2011