Why do you think Mc Donalds is revamping their look?

We have 2 in our town, one on each end. One has redone the outside to be more adult friendly but has retained the playground and the other was torn down completely and is now well on the way to looking like the one in the article. There will be no children's area, no playground.
Do they really think it will bring in more money, a more sophisticated crowd or heavens, less kiddies?
Is this just Mickey Ds way of pandering to the government?

Would this change your mind if you currently don't go there for one reason or another?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:42 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Generally all those changes are for the bottom line - Money/revenue/cash/profit.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:42 AM on May. 9, 2011

• The only McD's near me has no playground and isn't redoing their look. So I really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I thought it was because they had the "everybody else is doing it" syndrome.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:43 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's because of all the jerks who take their kids to mcdonalds and their kids become overweight, they blame the happy meal toys and the play toys outside. It's so stupid, if all you feed your kids in crap yes they will reflect what they eat. Don't eat there all the time and it is mostly harmless! Don't blame the toys for you being a pushover and not telling your kids no then taking them home to a well cooked balanced meal.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think McDonald's know that "fast casual" restaurants are the growing trend and want to have the appearance of those same restaurants. I suppose if they look "nicer" the food will appear healthier to the public. Let's just not fall for it!!! :)
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:46 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Sounds to me like they are just trying to class up their image a little. Make the restaurants a little nicer, offer broader menu selections including things you wouldn't normally think of for McD's, like specialty salads. They are just trying to broaden their reach into markets they may not have been able to tap into previously.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:47 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think the new stores have more to do with tax deductions. There are some really good deductiions on new stuff. It is a good time for them to build/update. IDK about the playgrounds though. Maybe they are a liability issue. We got a brand new store here..the old one had no playground and the new one doesn't either. We still have a big store with a playground.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I wish we had a McDonald's, I love McDonald's!
    too much of a liability I would guess, and non use. When was the last time you saw a kid play in one?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Does it really matter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think a lot of people are upgrading their buildings to look nicer nowadays look more modern! .. just my opinion. I honestly don't care what companies do..its their crap! let them do what they want and stop looking so much into it!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:52 AM on May. 9, 2011