How can I conceal my pregnancy bump until after my wedding? (I will be about 16 -17 weeks)

Hi all! My and my fiance wanted another baby right away (according to the time we are getting married) our first son is now 2 1/2. So we were just sort of trying to get pregnant (if we did good, if we didn't that would be okay too) and well I just found out we did... My wedding is in about two months I heard that you start showing a lot earlier with the second than with the first and I am now about 4 weeks along.

I am six feet tall. About 150 pounds. I already have my dress. It needs to be taken in (at the boobs), but now I am going to be holding off on that until closer to the wedding. I have a nutrisioun plan and excersise regularly. I had a boy last and started showing at in at the end of july his due date was 12/17 this one is 12/31. Hope that helps!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How dare people say that you're wrong for wanting to conceal your baby bump. This is your wedding day and you want this day to be about you and your man, not explaining how far along you are, what the sex of the baby is, or hand me downs. Can't a woman have a day for herself? Congrats.

@ zippity19
    I am embarrassed for you, get a life. Just because yours probably sucks you want to bring others down too.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Just a question? Why worry about concealing it? You are getting married, you already have another child, you are an adult. I just don't see why you feel you have to conceal it. Also... don't you think people will know you were pregnant at your wedding when the baby comes only 5-6 months after the wedding?

People that will judge you are not your friends and are not worth your time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I was five months pregnant when I got married. I told the woman at the dress shop this upfront and she helped me find a dress style that would flatter a pregnant body.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:57 AM on May. 9, 2011

• that is not always true - about showing earlier!.. i started showing with my first at 10-12 weeks.. by the time i had my third i didnt start showing stil was 4.5 months after i found what i was having a boy! .. i would wear baggy shirts ... good luck and congrats on your wedding!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:47 AM on May. 9, 2011

• LoL, watch what you eat but make sure babe is getting enough. Your belly will pop out on it's own when you are far enough along. it's not up to you when you will show, it's up to that little life inside you. just get a dress that balloons out a bit under your chest so you have room and no one will see the bump in photos if that is your goal.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• baggy clothing and for your dress id wear one that was puffy so to speak in the belly area good luck and congrats!!!!
    rrdrrd

Answer by rrdrrd at 10:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't hide it. You already have one child with him so why hide it?
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:02 AM on May. 9, 2011

• You can't possibly know what you'll look like at that stage so it's hard to answer. I didn't wear materinity clothes with my oldest until I was 7 months along and with my second, I never wore them at all (just wore my regular stuff with a button or zipper undone). I think it would just be best to find a dress that looks beautiful on you, baby and all. Congrats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm with the PP. Why hide it?
    If you feel you must, your pre-pregnancy size will bear a lot of influence on it. the thinner you were to begin with, the more likely you'll "pop" sooner (for most women). How fitted is your dress?
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 10:54 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Something that skims over curves like a goddess type design would be a good choice.

There are maternity wedding dresses out that are probably more comfortable.

Good Luck.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:02 AM on May. 9, 2011