Is it true?

If you drink caffeine (spelling) or eat extra sugar before an ultrasound your baby will be more active giving you a better chance at good pictures and seeing the sex?

J.P

Asked by J.P at 10:51 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• or the babe won't hold still lol, yes it is true
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• they will move around more. but that will make it harder to catch a good pic
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:54 AM on May. 9, 2011

• the best thing to drink before an ultrasound is water, and lots of it. the more water you drink, the brigther the picture will be, the easier it will be to view what's inside. the only problem when the baby is sleeping, is that if they're in a position that the genitals can't be seen, it's nearly impossible to wake them up. but if this is a medical ultrasound and not an extra one you're paying for just to find out the sex, today the most important thing is being able to see as best as they can.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:58 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't drink caffeine and I always had my U/S in the morning. My little one squirmed a ton and they were still able to see the sex while she was moving so I guess it depends on the person.
    7LitteSteps

Answer by 7LitteSteps at 11:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• More active can actually be a problem for determining the sex. My youngest was very very active at his ultrasound and we couldn't get a clear view because of it and weren't sure if we were having a boy or a girl.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:13 AM on May. 9, 2011

• it might make seeing the goods easier or it might make it harder if they are moving to much - especially with caffinated beverages. try super cold water and or fruit juice
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:51 AM on May. 9, 2011