Did I answer this right?

A few weeks ago my cousin asked me if she was a bad mom. She has alot of drinking hbits and alot of the time her daughter is out doing what she wants and with no parental supervision at home. i knew this was a self pity question and i told her that in my opion she could be at home more and drink less but knew i wouldnt get a reliable answer or reaction out of this and have never brought the subject back up again. Should i have done something different?

kittylover333

Asked by kittylover333 at 10:53 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• You answered honestly, from your heart with only the best interests of everyone in mind and no malice so you did right imho.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:58 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with what you said. if she didn't want an honest answer she shouldn't of asked.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• nope, when it comes to parents and how they treat their kids no sugar coating is needed!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• no, you did it right. you answered her honestly and without being rude or judgmental. you just stated the facts to her. it's now her decision on what to do with your advice.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i would have said that .. maybe a little more and she probably wouldnt speak with me anymore ha! but she asked :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• thanks for the answers . i think now she attention. she didnt change and she started drinking about a hour after the question was asked even. I actally feel sorry for her daughter who is 16 and already starting to get in alot of trouble
    kittylover333

Comment by kittylover333 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 9, 2011