I hate when my 3 year old boy touches a public toilet seat

How can i stop my 3 year old boy to stop touchin public toilet seat.He sits in far on the seat so can pee and poo together.Then when he only wants to pee he lifts up the seat part.Maybe i am over the top but it drives me crazy. i do wipe the seat first and i put toilet paper around it.any tips on little boys

caroline565

Asked by caroline565 at 11:05 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just wash his hands thoroughly after he uses the bathroom.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:11 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Uhmm....your 3 year old touches his own butthole on a regular basis, when you're not looking. lol
    and he's gonna lick things you don't know about, and eat a few bugs in his lifetime.
    relax and get used to the world, there are so many things out there that really you probably don't need to know about.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:10 AM on May. 9, 2011

• LOL, drives me nuts too. Even worse he is getting heavy and picking him up to wash his hands is getting cumbersome because he can't yet reach alot of faucets. The only thing that I can suggest is doing what I have and working on him not touching the potty except to lift the seat and pointing out that most potties in public areas make it so there is plenty of room to aim first. I have a little clippy of hand sanitizer attached to my purse.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't believe that anyone wants their child touching a public toilet seat.. Hell, I wouldn't even touch that thing. Aren't there little kid seat covers now? I would take him in a family restroom, if one was available, cover the toilet seat as best as I could... then thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly scrub his little paws when he was done. LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:08 AM on May. 9, 2011

• hahaha Jewjewbee - too funny.. my son totally has been doing that lately haha
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• With my boys, I make them wait until I've wiped the seat (although that does little to remove germs!) And lift the seat. I can't stand the thought of them touching that nasty thing!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Just wash his hands after. My kids always held on to the seat while they sat on it. I only ever wiped it down with toilet paper, never anything special and don't use those paper covers or anything. When they were done they'd wash their hands with soap and water.
    They have never once gotten sick from using a public toilet (neither have I for that matter).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:07 PM on May. 10, 2011