Does anyone know of a good meal plan for durring pregnancy?

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant with my second child. They (Midwife and WIC) have instructed me that I need to eat every two hours, be it snack or meal. I know I can do this better and be more consistant (I have a 17 month old to keep up with and remembering to eat even if I am not really hungry is a problem) if I have a meal plan to look at and say "Ok its suchandsuch o'clock...I need to sit down and have a snack/whatever meal" I can't find any online that look like things I'd eat and I have never done my own plan. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

caileighsmama09

Asked by caileighsmama09 at 11:15 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• A gestational diabetic diet would fal into this category. I was on it with my daughter and i am going to start it up again because it is so healthy. google GD sample menus or ask for a nutrition consult (whith they really should have given you already) and the nutritionist will give you great ideas
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Keep normal meals for meal times (8am breakfast, 12noon lunch, 6pm supper) and have a little snack on the other hours - an apple, a banana, a handful of baby carrots, a bowl of popcorn or cereal, a hard boiled egg, a handful of nuts...make yourself a big bag of trail mix using whatever you like (nuts, dried fruit, cereals, popcorn - get fiber, protein, a little sweet all in there) and grab a handful of that every 2 hours. Even a glass of milk with some Carnation instant breakfast or Ovaltine would probably be just as good.
    Anonymous

• While I think the suggestions given by the previous posters are actually better than mine, I found the book "What to Eat When You're Expecting" to be useful. http://www.amazon.com/What-Eat-When-Youre-Expecting/dp/0894800159
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:10 PM on May. 9, 2011