Teething infant trying to sleep?

My daughter is teething and sometimes has trouble getting to sleep because her gums are sore. I don't want to give her Ibruprofen every day and I already am using teething tablets. She won't take a pacifier and anything I give her to chew distracts her from going to sleep. Suggestions for soothing?

ladybugsmum

Asked by ladybugsmum at 9:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Orajel may help if it's only to help her fall asleep. Be aware that it only lasts 10 to 15 minutes and that it can pose a choking hazard if you use too much.

Other than that, give her the ibuprophen. Think of it this way, if you had a tooth ache and couldn't get to the dentist for a few weeks, would you do something for your pain or would you suffer through those long days.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Have you tried Orajel? (not sure about the spelling?)
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 9:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have never done this but my grandmother said that they used to warm a potato and hold it behind the ear. I guess it worked for the pain and probably the throbbing.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2008