Anyone dealing with 3 year-old cliques?

My son's world has begun to revolve around one boy at his day care. If he gets to play with Evan, it's a great day. If not, he doesn't want to go back to "school" in the morning. I talked to his teacher and she told me it was very "clique-y" and while my son plays with them all, he's not a part of any one. And I'm suddenly reliving my teen-age years, but these are 3 year olds! How do I convince him that the sun doesn't rise and set with Evan and "school" can be lots of fun with all kinds of people?

BohdanMommy

Asked by BohdanMommy at 10:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You dont really. Sorry. But you are right...they are 3 for goodness sake. These social building yrs are something they have to figure out on their own. They are only 3 and he wont ever even remember this kid in the end. Just encourage him to play with lots of different kids and assure him that if some one wont play with him it is ok. He may not want to play with a particular person either. He is young and will find his niche I promise.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• the boy might be into the same things as him so he likes him more or maybe the boy was the first kid to play with him when he started my daughter does the same thing but her fav friend is alittle boy he was the first to play with her when she first started preschool so i think it is normal
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well now she says he is her boyfriend lol i told her she is to young for a boyfriend
    wendy232425