Do you ever find

some people just get on every day to be nasty rather than really answering questions? I think it happens more in debate areas than others.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:17 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The debate section has it's days. Depends on who is online on how nasty it gets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I see it often when someone asks a general question and they get bashed from someone who completely twists the question or doesn't really read it. You just sit back and shake your head in amazement. WOW, they must be in a pissy mood...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I know what you mean. I used to be on CafeMom every day, but after a while, the nasties just wore me out. It is particularly troubling when a mom is sincerly seeking help, and nasties answer with mean-spirited cricism, rather than helpful advice.

With a big election approaching, I feel that I should get more involved in the political debate section; but most of what I read there seems more like ranting than real debate. VERY few posters seem like they would be open to listening to the other side - which is what good debate should promote.

Also, it seems that there is a fair amount of stalking and harrassing that follows politcal posting. I suspect this is why so many CM posters use the anon feature so often...so they don't get stalked and voted down on perfectly innocent answers just because someone doesn't like their politics.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I see many answers being twisted and interpreted in error only to allow the poster to bash and criticise. Too much "spinning" going on just to attack. I am spending less time on CM ,especially at P&CE because it gets too crazy and annoying...and I see too many people being hurt. You can't just say "Its only words, get a thicker skin" etc. Personal attacks are unfair. Its just not a good thing to attack.
    Yes, with the 2012 election comng up we could have a really interesting and informative debate...but I bet it will be reduced to more personal attacks. So....I won't participate and I won't open myself to attacks . I will just read and report the mean girls. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:18 PM on May. 10, 2011