Reckless driving ticket....

not sure where to put this but,

anyone ever got a ticket with recless driving marked instead of speeding?

what makes it reckless driving? 20 miles over the speed limit?

what did the judge say when you went to court?

thanks :)
*just wondering, my friend's dh got this and she's nervous for him*

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:28 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Reckless op is going 20 plus over posted speed limit. He *could* get his license removed and the fines are going to be hefty as well as the points on his license. I know where i live every mile over the speed limit is 10 dollars. So if he was going 20 over thats a automatic 200.00. Man that sucks!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

• it's a super speeder ticket. If you're going 20 or more above the speed limit, they consider it reckless driving....which it is....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:30 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Or if you cross either of the lines on the road, or just weave between them... there's all kinds of reasons, especially if he was speeding on top of it. Expect them NOT to take it lightly.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• dang..thanks ladies
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

• DH got one just before we met.....he had no liscense the first 3 months we dated and 6 years later, our insurance is still high.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Swerving while speeding?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Well, reckless driving is a lot more severe than a speeding ticket for sure and more expensive. I got pulled over for reckless speeding in my Porsche on the way back from Vegas and got it reduced to speeding. Whew! You just touched the gas and this baby goes. I guess a low cut top and short skirt helped the cause. Thinks auto insurance is expensive on my car, try adding a reckless ticket. Oy Vey!
    Bottomline, your insurance will go up for a period of time and will be noted on your driving record. Should have your attorney get it reduced since it will cost you more.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I got one a few months after high school - I wasn't really speeding (maybe 5 over) but I was taking corners too fast, spinning through sand on the road, and I forget what else. I was trying to chase down someone that had something of mine and a cop saw me :S. He said the reckless driving was cheaper than speeding. Idk. I paid it and haven't had a ticket since (it's been over 10 years).
    Anonymous