What diet works best for you?

Trying to loose weight...could use any advice out there.

Army_Angel28

Asked by Army_Angel28 at 11:30 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Two things have worked for me. 1) Weight Watchers and 2) Simply cutting back and drinking diet sodas. As I get older, the best thing I can tell you is exercise. About six years ago, I cut back and stopped drinking regular soda and I lost about 6 lbs. Now, because I don't have that much exercise, it's not as easy. This past winter I joined Weight Watchers. It's a very slow going process, but they show you how to eat, motivate you (If you attend the meetings), and show you how to stay healthy. If you are totally serious about the process, I would recommend Weight Watchers.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• The diabetic diet has worked for me. I've kept 70 lbs off since 2002 (but I had a baby & I'm still about 15 lbs from where I wanna be, lazy me). That diet plan centers on the idea of keeping your blood sugar at steady levels by limiting the amount of carbs per meal (I stick to 50 and below). I've also added back exercise- about 40 minutes, 4x a week in the gym.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 11:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Did you know diet is a four letter word?... What works for me, (see my pic) may not work for you. It all depends on your body and how it responds to food. Do you workout or do any physical activity? I train 5 days a week and I wear it well. I deserve it, I earned it. Now, the harsh reality it that a simple diet will NOT get you the results you want unless you intend to reach your goal in 10yrs. You need to workout or get a trainer. Think of it like this, working out it like an offense in football and your food intake is your defense. If you don't eat right, then your workout was a waste. If you don't workout and eat little more here and there, then your workout was a waste. In order to get the results, you need to burn more than what you eat each and every day. When you do that, you lose weight and feel better. If you'd like more insight, let me know or send a message. From my pic, you would never know that I lost over 50lbs.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:38 AM on May. 9, 2011

• weight watchers
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:41 AM on May. 9, 2011

• diabetic diets and weight watchers are fabulous
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:46 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I prefer "eating lifestyle" Diet sounds so temporary, and they fail because once you go back to old habits the pounds come back too. You need a healthy balance you can live with for the rest of your life. A diabetic way of eating is very similar to some great books such as: Eating Clean by Tosca Reno, Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels & This Is Why Your Fat by Jackie Warner. I follow the principals of these and a few other books and ways of eating. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I've lost 32 pounds since Mid-January!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i eat under 60 grams of carbs a day. i weigh 106 lbs and i was 160 the day i gave birth....9 months ago
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Here is what I am doing on my quest to loose weight--- I have given up drinking pop (empty calories and sugar), I started drinking more water instead. I have started watching what foods I eat and making healthier choices, and I have also started watching portion sizes-- weighing and measuring my food. My doctor did put me on a weight loss medication and suggested I talk to a dietician. The dietician looked at my health issues and thought a carb counting diet would be best for me--- and she set one up for me. I get so many carbs a day and she broke it down to how many I can have at each meal and snack during the day. So far it is going quite well and I have lost 13 lbs so far!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Diets don't work for me. Diets are temporary and typically not the sort of change I can maintain for a life time. When I diet I lose weight and then, as I return to "normal" I gain it all (and then some) back.

What does work is a lifestyle change that balances realistic portions, healthy & balanced food choices, and exercise. For me, I've found that in Weight Watchers. It works as long as I keep honest with portion sizes and balance my splurge foods with healthy foods.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ok I work out 5 days a week 20 min work out (I do the 30 day shred by Julian Michaels) I also do drink Soda and avoid sugar. I only started 3 weeks ago so maybe I'm expecting to much to soon.
    Army_Angel28

Comment by Army_Angel28 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on May. 9, 2011