I feel helpless...

We have some really close friends and last night they were in a car accident. She was air lifted to the hospital, and he was taken by ambulance. He called me this morning saying they discharged him, but she's still having tests done. He has her phone, his is in the car yet, and no charger so it was a quick conversation. They are about 900+ miles from here, so hopping in the car isn't an option. Unless I put our kids in the car when they get home, and drive tonight, and tomorrow to go help them..
I offered him money, and to let me know if they needed any, he said he just needs a charger so he can keep in touch with family/friends.. Grrrr I wish I could get him one. He's walking to the store to see if he can get one, but his clothes are all cut up from the accident, etc. He sounded horrible on the phone. Their family's are 1000+ miles away too.
I feel so helpless. I want to help them, and know with the miles between us I can't. I told him I would be praying everythings okay with his wife, and to call me and let me know if they need anything! Any ideas ladies? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Prayers?? Social Services at the hospital can usually help them get what they need otherwise. It's not easy for you to just head out there, so I would just tell you to keep in close contact and let him know you are just a phone call away.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Could he let you know what store and maybe you could make the payment via phone? Maybe you could wire money to him to the closest Walmart?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:37 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Pray for them and suggest to make any calls to his or her family if he needs to talk with them
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:35 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Did he call AAA?... I'm just saying... Not much you can do being so far away, but hope they recover safely.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:40 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Their insurance company might be able to help right away with some essentials.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• The hospital just released him and he has nowhere to go? Thats awful. Id see if he could get to a walmart so you can wire him some money or a western union or something. What were they doing so far away with no money what so ever?
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 12:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• They have money, just no car, and no family, friends near. They were on their way to a job, they work together, and it involves traveling. I spoke with my Hubby, and we decided that we're going to offer to let them stay with us until they get on their feet financially. Right now one step at a time. Get her out of the hospital, and then they can decide what they need to do. Thankfully they don't have any children, and their home is paid for. It's the everyday bills they will have trouble with, and then if there's anything she will need while he looks for work. We have an extra car they can have so we plan to offer it to them. They are both such wonderful people, it just tears my heart out being so far away... Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• pray
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:43 PM on May. 9, 2011