Can you feel when you dilate? another ? as well adult content

Ok so my questions are can you feel anything like stabing pains when you dilate?

and if your dilated like 3 cm and your baby punches could your baby punch slightly into your cervix ? or just on it?

Im wondering because im dilated and when my baby punches (hes head down ) I get a really bad sharp pain that feels like when the doctor checks your cervix for dilation it makes me gasp and almost cry as soon as it happens it stops

The pains I get for my first question is it happens when I feel like my baby is pushing down its a long drawn out sharp pain with cramping then goes away I have contractions with it but they are irregular.

does anyone have any idea ?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 11:34 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not sure.. but wanted to say good luck to you !!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I had the same pain with my last pregnancy, it was awful! The dr said it was just the Baby putting pressure on the cervix and it doesnt necissarily mean you are dialating further. Good luck to you!
    LenaMommyof3

Answer by LenaMommyof3 at 11:37 AM on May. 9, 2011

• no you can't feel dilation. you may have a vaginal vericosity or pulling liaments that are causing this pain. it is common, but doesn't happen to everyone and sorry to say there isn't much to do about either except maybe some stretches for the ligaments. good luck
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I swear I could with my last but I'm sure it was just pressure or something else. It's painful though!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No, and no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Dilation, some woman can. I could always tell when I started dilating because I extream pressure in my cervix. Plus when I start to dilate my contractions are more in my upper thighs. I think it just really depends on how well you know your body.

As far as the punching, nope, can't punch into your cervix. He has enough room to kick and squirm, but not enough space and strengthen to punch through your cervix. The sharp stabbing pain is normal. Probably from his head pushing down on your cervix when he moves.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:26 PM on May. 9, 2011