preemie

My son will be 4mths on the 9th and he was a preemie, he is healthy and growing well. He is holding his head better (a little wobbly)he hates tummy time I can only keep him that way a few minutes and he gets very upset he just cant lift his head well enough, I use the boppy and he is a little happier but still only a few minutes. on his back he throws his arms all over and kicks and gets really excited just not trying to roll at all. I dont want to rush it and think he will do things in his own time, doc said to subtract the time he was early. Should I be concerned? should I be doing more with him? I realize all kids are different he is my 3rd. just wanted some opinions.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he will do things when he is ready just let him lay on the floor and try to move around maybe hes not ready to roll yet it depends on the baby your doing your best tho just keep doing what you have been doing
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My daughter was a 33 weeker and loved tummy time, but everyone in my preemie group said theirs hated tummy time! Maybe it is a preemie thing and my daughter is the exception. All babies are different. Join a group for preemie. (but if you are anti-mainstream EX, cloth diaper, breastfeed, non vax, watch out. They are all cookie cutter moms who hate old fashioned things LOL)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My twins were preemies and will be 4 months on the 13th. They both hate tummy time, and neither has rolled over. My doctor said to subtract the weeks they were early too. I think that's pretty normal.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 10:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My son was also a preemie, he hated tummy time at first, so we got the play mats with the hanging toys for him, it slowly started to help. He is now 6 months and is rolling everywhere!! He still refuses to be put on his tummy unless we hold a mirror in front of him but the only lasts a few minutes till he rolls over and tries to hide under the blanket!!!! lol blanket burrito!!!

Good luck, keep trying thats all you can do!!
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My youngest son was preemie as well and is 9.5 monthes old now he still is a little behind. My ped said the same thing about subtracting the weeks as well. It seemed like it took him forever to roll he absolutly hated tummy time. He still hates it unless I can distract him with something.
    annmarieb25

Answer by annmarieb25 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008