Mothers day vent

so did anyone elses husband NOT even wish them a happy mothers day?! no card, no flowers, no gift no nothing!! wtf? im so hurt. im sure he probably thinks its no big deal. i had both our mothers over and made a big dinner for them along with a few gifts. he doesnt do anything for valentines day for me either. sometimes it would be nice to think im special and mean something to him. :(

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 11:49 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• You should tell him how you feel.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think its time to have a sit down conversation with him and tell him how you feel. My husband is like that...didn't know its nice to be appreciated on those "holidays". I've told him, I don't care if you don't do anything those particular days, but you damn well better do SOMETHING throughout the year to show me you love me!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with meooma...you should let him know that you'd like a little recognition. You don't have to say it now but maybe next April so he can plan a bit. Remind him gently that you are a mother as well and would very much like to be included with the other mothers.

Sorry you feel slighted. We've got a tough job and it's nice to get a pat on the back for our efforts on at least one day.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:56 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm very lucky in that my husband has always gone way above and beyond in showing me appreciation on Mother's Day - even when we were dating (we've been married 1.5 years). However my teenage DAUGHTER did NOTHING whatsoever to acknowledge it.

But I agree with others, you should tell him your feelings.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• :( that's so sad.. seriously..
    My DH was the least thoughtful in 14 years this year but he still managed to get me a gift and had our son tell me Happy Mothers day.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My husband didn't either, but again, I am not his mother. We called both of our own mothers though. I don't really buy into these types of holidays, Valentine's Day neither. So, it's no biggie for me. I saw both of my girls and that was enough for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Hugs !! You are not alone. I send you a parade, a huge bouquet and pampering like a queen....now back to reality. To have expectations will lead to resentments and negative emotions. Just relish in the fun you brought to 2 other mothers. Some day it will come back around. Men are simple and don't always pull through with "what we would like". You could remind him next year and tell him you need something special from him and be direct. If left on their own, sometimes they just don't get it.... Enjoy what you can and just focus on what has been good. Keep your humor and take in the love that becoming a mother brings. I was just glad my adult kids called. :-) I am sure my daughter called her youngest brother to make sure he called me. Next year give yourself something special in honor of being a mother.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Dh's mothers day gift to me was disposing of a dead woodchuck my dog dragged home instead of making me do it because it's my dog. LOL. We don't really do the hallmark holidays though. We explain to the kids that we much prefer spontaneous demonstrations of love and appreciation to doing it on an arbitrary day someone else chose.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:15 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I thought my DH wasn't going to give me anything, since he told me I could do some online shopping for a few plants I can't find locally. So when he turned up with a card from himself and all the kids, I was a little surprised :) Sorry your DH didn't wish you a happy mother's day, Momma. Maybe you should just tell him how it makes you feel that he forgets holidays like this that are important to you.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I prepared my husband in advance. He's never been one to plan anything, so I told him on Friday exactly how I wanted the day to go, and he did exactly that. He has never understood subletly - laying out a direct plan helps him help ME.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:08 PM on May. 9, 2011