Collasped Lungs and death at 17.... WHY?

My 17 year old vibrant baby brother passed away in his sleep April 25th.  He did have Asthma and took medication to keep his asthma under control.  The corner says he passed from collapsed lungs.  We wont get the autopsy and toxicology report for six to eight weeks.  I am having a difficult time dealing with the death of my brother. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain of your loss. Why..is always the question when you lose someone unexpectedly. I lost my own little brother 19 yrs ago on April 13th. Why, is still unanswered. Hopefully there was no drugs or alsohol involved. Many people with Asthma think they have it under control when in fact they don't. If you're a praying kind of person pray for inner peace and understanding. I hope you are able to find some measure of closure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• sometimes there are things we dont see or know about, take one day at a time and talk to god he'll help you.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 12:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• im sorry

Grief is not easy..  what a shock.    I can only imagine how hard this is.  Talking about it can help.   Remember the good times and do something in honor of his life.   It helps me to burn a "memory" candle when I am grieving.   Get a very special candle and burn remembering the light he brought to your life.     So sorry for your loss........

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry mama.

I have known a few young adults who have had issues with collapsed lung. I am not sure what causes it, but I think it happens more than we realize.

Hugs. So sorry for your loss.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• so sorry to hear about your brother It must be hard, on you and your family. My parents passed away a few years ago and what I do is I have a picture of them and I do talk to them and sometimes I feel like they do answer and I put roses for my mom and candy that my dad loves in front of their pictures.
    It will be hard for a long time, you just need to talk to him in your prayers.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he may have had an asthma attack in his sleep or he had pnemonia and didn't know it. It could be anything. I hope you find your answers and can have closure. He is just too young to have died. HUGS!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:01 PM on May. 9, 2011