Was your Mothers Day "atypical" like mine?

DH and I spent the day moving my 89 y/o MIL to a nursing home near us (she lived in one 3 hours away).

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 12:06 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• You could off made the evening better, why don't you buy dinner bring it home and had a nice evening.

You did some thing good for his mother, that should make you feel good.

We women are in change if you want something them go get it or do it! remember that for next time.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Actually, my Mother's Day was mostly spent cleaning house, which I would so much rather do than spend it with my MIL. Sorry that your Mother's Day was no fun, maybe you can do something special for you next weekend (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I was alone and bored so slept through most of it just to have something to do

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• no call from my mother from NY
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i actually had a nice day, received gifts and youngest son and his gf took me to dinner. However, throughout all my years of being a mom (31) Mothers Day would mostly turn out to be another day. Some years i would get mad at that damn day, calling it a Hallmark cards day, since I guess I had expectations. This year i was concerned about other mothers and lo and behold i too, had a pleasent day.

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 1:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Mine was good, mostly just a regular day in our house. But, my daughter picked me flowers, and brought me snacks, and snuggled me while we watched a movie. We all played outside for a while, and my parents came over for a visit. All in all, it was a pretty darn good day.

I'm sorry you ended up moving MIL, it sounds like it was the right thing to do though.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:17 PM on May. 9, 2011