If you workout ....

Are you a SAHM or WOHM?
I work 50 hours a week Mon-Friday -
I can't put working out in my top priorities- I want and NEED to spend time with my son who is 3-1/2 along with cleaning, cooking, laundry, errands, food shopping etc.. I know part of it is that I totally don't WANT to but I NEED to which now makes me want to!!! I am fine on the weekends as we run as a family and walk and are very active but during the week, how do you do it?? I already feel terrible for the lack of time I get with my son for not being able to be a SAHM, I can't take away more from him just to workout.. I tried to make it fun and silly for him to participate but he's totally not interested, which I don't blame him for lol!~

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:11 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I work out in the A.M., when the kids are asleep so I don't feel like I am missing out on time w/them. I work 40 hours a week but my commute is 45 minutes (at least) ONE way.
    I am single by choice also so there is 0 help from the girls' dad. Doing 1 room a day is a good start. Your son is 3.5? He can pick up his toys & put his dish/plate in the sink or dishwasher and help out w/putting silverware (minus knives of course) away. He will probably like it too...
    Do you get a lunch at work? You can take a quick 10 or minute walk during that & on your breaks. Park your car further away from your office. There are little things you can do.
    Hopefully some of this was helpful.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I workout and I'm a SAHM. I definitely think it would be hard to find time to fit it in if I worked outside the home. When I worked a few years ago as a single mom, I had to consider my job as my workout! (fortunately I was a restaurant manager so I at least was on my feet moving around)

Answer by missanc at 12:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You need to proritize your life. I have my own busines, a 10yr old son and a single parent by choice although my SO does help here and there, I do it myself. Having a housekeeper does help but I work more than 50hrs a week and I still make time for my kid and what I need. A body like mine wasn't made by diet alone girl! You need to schedule work, family and personal time.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I work 8 to 5 and monday through friday and I'm a single mom to a 3 1/2 year old. I tried working out after work but it was way too much trouble and I hated spending more time away from my son too. I started getting up early to run and I put my son in a jogging stroller. It lets him sleep a little while I run and I feel really energized after and I'm ready for the day. I needed to get in arm and target areas as well so I started going to the gym 3 times a week at lunch time and all you really need is a 15 minute cardio workout or to work on arms. I find a lot of good exercises in fitness magazines (they usually have 10 to 15 minute routines in there). I also didn't want to be a frozen meal eater while I fed my son whatever. I started reading the clean eating book and I make comfort foods and our old favorites just healthier. Good Luck, don't get discouraged. It is possible.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I like to clean one room a day as well. It doesn't seem so daunting that way. I like to have stylish baskets and cubbies so I can put magazines, toys, my son's shoes, or other things that I find in the living room in them when I needs a quick clean up.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I work out in the time after work before I pick my kids up from the sitter. (I am a WAHM)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I work and I'm a student. But I doubt it all adds up to more than 20 hours a week. I think if you want to get a work out in you can find a way. On Saturday my family and I went on an 8 mile walk that involved various stops to parks, a movie theater, and even a light lunch at a restaurant. We all had fun and we got some exercise in.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:52 PM on May. 9, 2011