Weaning-how to drop the early morning feeding.

My ds will be one years old this saturday! (where has the time gone??) Anyways, i've weaned him off of all his other feedings expect for his 4:00 am feeding. This week, I was bad since he had an ear ache so I feed him at 1:30 am as well..but he's over that now. It's time to drop the 4:00am feeding. I can tell he isn't getting anything from me at all..I just don't want him to wake up at that time! (he already likes trying to wake up at 5-5:30am)

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 12:13 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Easiest way? Send dad in. Alternately...just comfort when he wakes but don't nurse. Really, that's all.

Be aware... weaning doesn't guarantee sleeping.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• gdiamante-oh i know it won't guarantee sleep..that's what i worry about..would it be eaiser for daddy if daddy gave him a sippy full of milk? (he doesn't take a bottle.)
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 12:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You can have him do that if you want.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Don't nurse at that time. You can send dad, as mentioned, or just cuddle without nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Is there anything that could help dad to keep baby asleep? I've done that once before, he was awake for an hour till i nursed him.
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 12:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Cold Turkey the 4am feeding. A year old child doesn't need to be fed that early anymore. My son hasn't had a middle of the night bottle since he was 3 months! Offer him something else..to soothe him, teddy bear, blanket, ect.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:41 PM on May. 10, 2011