IUD Question?

I am having my IUD taken out today, can I get pregnant right away? When I say right away I mean this cycle, I start ovulating anytime and hope to get pregnant, is it possible?

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 12:31 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• First, are you married? Have the financial means to care for the kid? And more importantly, does he want a kid? And above all, why the rush?... Are you trying to have an anchor baby?
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Depends on the type of IUD- with the paragaurd (sp?) the copper one- yes you can. With Mirena the hormones stay around a while. Not sure how long I'd guess about a month. Ask your doctor when you go in though.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yes i'm married, yes we are financially stable, we both want another little one, we already have 2 boys, there is no rush just curious
    Jssg1986

Comment by Jssg1986 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• its the paragard
    Jssg1986

Comment by Jssg1986 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on May. 9, 2011