IUD Question?

I am having my IUD taken out today, can I get pregnant right away? When I say right away I mean this cycle, I start ovulating anytime and hope to get pregnant, is it possible?

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 12:32 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you are having it taken out today ask your doc all these questions!
    Anonymous

• Where the IUD was placed there may be some swelling and overall irritation when they take it out- that may pose a problem. But it's not like a hormone or drug BC when it has to get out of your system before your can get pregnant.

Good luck!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:34 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I got preg the day after my iud was removed ( had it in for 18 months). I now have a happy 14 month Dd. It can and does happen!! Good luck:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It is possible, but when I talked to my doctor about it before I even got mine, in case dh and i decided to have more babies he said it usually takes up to 6 months. But everyone is different, so anything is possible.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 2:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i had the 5yr iud and it was taken out in aug after 3yrs then did the pills till sept for a mnth...im prego again and conceived about feb 19th we were not trying to get prego right away so i would say yes it is deff possible for you to get prego right away...good luck!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I got pregnant before mine was removed, so yeah sure, anything is possible
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:27 PM on May. 10, 2011