At what point do you stop?

my hubby asked me are you ever going to just be happy with our house? i am always finding things to improve we are home owners and we didnt buy our dream home obviously so i am always changing things and i upgrade alot apparently he has an issue with this

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 12:40 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think it is always hard to get things just the way you want them, I am always seeing things I want to do or change.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It never ends. We are constantly working on our house. I love it though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think that's true for everyone - even the ones with dream house, cuz months later they realize it would be better to have x changed to y KWIM?
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 12:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It never ends. Even if you change it to your liking as far as aesthetics, there's still the maintenance aspect of it.
    Anonymous

• here's a thought, also...you are home all day, and he isn't, correct? i know if i spend enough time staring down the walls day in/day out, i can and do find things 'wrong' or in need of an update or change..things he would never notice. for one, he's a man..and two, he spends more sleeping-hours at home than he does waking-hours, so of course, he's not going to see/care.
    if you're like me, you get bored, and like to change things up. not a big problem unless you're wanting to do major-financial changes too often.
    also, you may have never figured out exactly what you like, or what your style is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think you ever really stop - things always need maintenance, updating, etc. Even without upgrading things always need fresh paint, modern colors, etc.

Answer by missanc at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Doesn't sound like your listening to your husband. If you didn't buy your dream house, then why are you hell bent on changing it weekly to get there? Your husband obviously has helped and seems a bit tired of doing this and that for now. Take a break and enjoy your home. It doesn't have to look like Martha Stewart for you to be happy, does it? If you want to fix it up, then YOU do it! Don't evolve your husband and assume he's all thrilled about it. I have a house in the hills here in LA and I had an architect redo it to my liking that took a few years to complete. It's a work in progress, so enjoy the journey. Bottom line, you need to sit down and talk to your husband about this and express your thoughts and feelings as well as hearing his. This seems to be a one-sided effort on your part and not fair to your husband.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'd be willing to bet that he's feeling a bit inadequate because you aren't satisfied with the home that you both purchased. Men are all about their ability to provide.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it's always nice to ahve a change. Even if you bought your dream house. . .you would probably change it up once in a while.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• In our house it is the opposite, it is him with a laundry list a mile long of projects, and sometimes I am just tired of living in a construction zone and want to just chill for a while. Houses do constantly need work, but sometimes you do need to take a break from fixing it and just do some living in it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:58 PM on May. 9, 2011