Anyone else have an "old fashioned" SO/Husband?

My SO is so sweet, he always opens the door, the car door (he even helps me out of the car) carries my bags (won't carry my purse though lol) and is always holding my hand or giving me a kiss. Ahhh sorry I just miss him and was thinking about him lol

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:45 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes my beloved is very old fashion,opens doors, holds my hand and is very protective. He makes me feel like a queen. He is an incredible.
    PRDama

Answer by PRDama at 12:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes - my husband is very old fashioned, and he's teaching our boys to hold open doors, walk on the outside of the sidewalk, etc. His mom definitely raised him right!

Answer by missanc at 12:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes.. my DH of 14 years is the same way -!~! and this was not lead by any example he was raised with so its all him!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• eh, not really. he can be 'really old' in his thinking, but he's not that chivalrous or emotionally-giving. not to say he doesn't care, he's just not physically attentive, in the manner you describe. he's a hard worker, great provider, and always striving to be moreso, for our family's financial future. he has a soft heart, and is sensitive..he just doesn't show it 24/7.
    he does love to hold hands and cuddle..so that's just fine by me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My DH is the same way and it melts my heart everytime he shows me chivalry is not dead!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yes, i do & i love it.

He is extremely chivalrous...not only to women though, to everyone really. He is old fashioned in his ways, but he is still "cool". I never thought I'd fall for this type of guy, but maybe that's what i was doing wrong all those years before.

He's affectionate, helps around the kitchen, opens doors, buys me jewelry, he respects women & thinks they should be well taken care of & dealt with sweetly. Some women might not like that in a man, but i dig my husband...he's just too sweet it's disgusting....

The best part is that he is still very manly....he is no wuss...all man...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:52 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes!. i love it! He makes me feel so special! :) I'm giggly just thinking about him!
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• DH is older and from the Deep South; he's VERY old fashioned--mostly in good ways like holding doors, being courtly, etc. We sometimes have to work on shifting his expectations of other things, though, like housework and childcare!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• lol....jmpj107...my DH is a southern boy too. But, he does not expect me to do all the housework, he's not old fashioned in that way. He was raised by a single mama who taught him well how to keep up with housework. Thank god!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sounds like my DH- he's always one to open doors for me and carry heavy things, and he says certain jobs around the home are men's work, like taking out the trash. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:18 PM on May. 9, 2011