If you work outside the home, does your workplace have a dress code?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 12:52 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do work outside the home at a Diabetic warehouse, we supply diabetic testing supplies all over the world....................we do not have direct contact with the public so for that reason we come in just about anything. I do not leave the house looking to casual and I have only wore my sweat pants and sneakers once when it was freezing. I still put on make-up everyday and fix my hair, just makes me feel better.
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am a cashier at Lowe's and we have pretty slack rules. Steel toes are really the only strict rule (for everyone). As a cashier, I can wear jeans and t-shirts, and I can even wear shorts as long as they're an appropriate length. Managers and supervisors have to wear more business casual-type attire, but that's it for strict rules.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Absolutey. Business suits for men and women is the approved attire.
    Anonymous

• No dress code. We can wear jeans, but we should look nice. Everyone just knows not to wear shorts or extra casual clothes. We all dress nice, I'm the most casual with jean capri's but I wear nice shoes and tops.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Nope. I can wear whatever I want. Mostly I wear jeans & shirts.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No, it's a pretty casual office with no set dress code. It's mostly a pretty jeans-and-Tshirts kind of place, but we all know how to dress for meeting with clients and we don't need a memo to spell it out for us.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Casual dress, but neat and clean and not sloppy
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Technically no, but out of respect for the places I go to, who do have dress codes, I do not wear open-toed shoes or flip-flops, I wear long pants (even though now that it's getting warm I'd rather wear capris - still thinking about that one!), and I probably won't wear sleeveless tops this summer.
    Anonymous

• I work for a GM dealership, so business attire is required. Slacks or dockers with button down or polos for the guys, and the women all wear slacks/skirts with nice shirts. Friday is casual day, so we wear jeans with nice blouses.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• no, when i first started here at this job 15 years ago, it was stimpulated to wear only jeans because they had a dog at the job. now still to this day and no dog anymore we get to wear jeans and in the summer shorts or capris and sandals and flip flops
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011