Getting my strength back!

After 6 weeks I am starting to get my strength back and get my house in order. YAY! I need to take it slow so I have come up with little games for myself, like work during commercials on the TV then sit and work on coupons/menu until the next commercial. Any Other fun ideas? I know we are all being the best moms we can be and we have to stick together. Bump if you are hanging in there today.

washing dishes

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i agree with ktmom im sure u want to get right in there and do as much as you can but dont overwork yourself (im not sure what went on) buti know after birth or any type of surgery it takes a while to recovery fully just do things little by little make sure somethings are ok with ur nurse or dr,im not a dr but ive had a lot of surgeries lol unfortunetly,i just remember them telling me if i dont think i should do it dont, do one thing at a time. ive made myself a list (cause i have a bad memory) for certain days of the week to do different things so i dont feel overwhelmed either.it comes in handy.feel better soon!
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 6:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think breaking it all down into manageable steps is key; might take a while but it'll eventually get done and you won't be so overwhelmed!
    Anonymous

• I sometimes just make a deal with myself to wash ten dishes, or put away ten things. When I wash ten dishes and find that there are only three more left to do, my motivation to do the last three is pretty strong.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• high five

ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 1:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I will do something ...like clean the toilet...then I get to do something fun for 10 min...then I go mop the floor...then I do something for for 15 min....then I go scrub the tub...and get 15 min of fun....
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I do that a lot. 15 minutes of cleaning for 15 minutes of something else.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 1:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I break it up into sections. Do the dishes for 10 mins then cm for 10 mins. Sweep and mop for 10 mins then fb for 10 mins. I always fold the laundry when my favorite shows are on so I can feel like I am accomplishing something while I am enjoying myself
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 2:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Break it down into baby steps. Instead of "DO THE DISHES" first collect all the dirty dishes. Wash all the plates. etc . . .
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I can't seem to stop once I get started, my mindset is always that I MUST finish even if it makes me late or something so I'm no help. lol
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 8:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I keep my computer handy, and work for a while, til I get tired, then give myself some computer time.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:16 AM on May. 10, 2011