HOW did YOU start writing???

I have an idea for a great action book in my head but want to talk to other writers before i start....I don't want to set myself up for failure....

doula-mom25

Asked by doula-mom25 at 12:55 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've been writing stories since I was five. I just get inspired and usually it happens in the middle of the night, I get up, start writing and don't stop until I finish or until I reach a block. Then I show it to people, ask for feedback and revise revise revise.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I started writing the same way I started breathing it just started. The desire to see it on paper and create a world you can make and influence and take control over.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• failure never worry about that just do it and maybe you start out fifteen minutes a day find your stride and move on but never worry about failure.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• thanks pinkdragon36!!!
    doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Just sit down and start writing! You can ALWAYS change it!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When I write stories, if I have a pretty good idea of the plot or some particular aspect of the story, I write that first. I keep a notebook of story notes and ideas. Sometimes when I have nothing to write, I go to my idea notes and get inspired. Some are well fleshed out summaries, some are just a funny line or situation that might fit somewhere. But I never worry about the results or how it will be received. I write for the joy of writing. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I started writing in school- I found I had a bit of a knack for it, so I kept it up :) I now keep a writer's notebook, full of ideas, quotes, lines, characters, subjects, scenes, and anything else that may spark a story idea for me. I love to write because it lets me explore different places and whole different lives without ever having to leave my chair. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• just start writing down your thoughts and then organize them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:41 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You can't worry about failure before you even start. Set aside time every day to get some writing done.

There are many writer's groups here on CM.

Have fun!!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:38 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I write in spurts. I started writing again at work to stay busy. Now, I just write when inspiration strikes. If nothing else, I keep a journal. Like others have said, don't worry about failure. Write for yourself. If others don't like it, then that's their problem. Have fun!
    sunshyne_rust

Answer by sunshyne_rust at 12:38 PM on May. 12, 2011