neighbors? do you get along with yours?

we have had many things happen w/ ours i have never had a probblem before we moved here we are fighting right now about the property line witch is only about 10 in.s but my huband is making a thing about it because they park in our parking area and someone will come to visit and we have to go to there house ask them to move so we can have our friends a place to park we should not have to do that but should we let it go or get our property surveyed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• you should get it survyed and leave them alone talk to the as lil as possabile
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• get it surveyed, hey, you may even be wrong. We jst moved to an all black neighborhood and apparently every one hates us cause hubby is white and military. No one even came over when we had a neighborhhood social at our house. WE posted flyers and asked everyone to come for free food and drinks and getting to know one another. NOT ONE PERSON SHOWED UP.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Navy-wife: I'm really sorry that really is a horrible thing.

I use to work at a surveying company and I would try to do whatever I can to avoid getting one. They cost alot and than you might end up going to court which wouldn't help the feuding at all. Yall should each have a survey for when you moved into your house. Yall could compare surveys and see if they are the same. They should be good for ten years.

My neighbors and me get along great!!! Only because we live out in the boonies and we don't have anyone close to us. We just wave when we drive by. HA HA!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• that sucks the nerve and we are the rasist ones......ha yeah right i think blacks are just as bad as we are sometimes......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yea, I would get it surveyed, but understand they will probably take offense to it if they become OBLIGATED to stay off your line. I wish I could "love thy neighbor" because they haven't done anything directly "bad" to us, but they have people going to their house at like 2am on a weekday and banging so hard on their door that we can hear it from our BEDROOM! And all the dogs in the neighborhood go nuts. Also there are like 8 adults that live in that one little house one of them just had a baby and she's always storming out of the house cursing and shouting with the baby in her hands...I love my house, but I can't wait till we move sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with the others. get it surveyed.
    I only get along with one of my neighbors. The other one is psyco, her and her husband both. They cheat on each other regularly, then attempt suicide when the other threatens to leave,...all while their children whitness their maddness
    doodlebug119

Answer by doodlebug119 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I get along great with my neighbors, they stay in their house, I stay in mine.

Serious, we all get along Great, we do not see each other much in the cold weather like we do when its warm.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would absolutely have your property surveyed. When we bought our house 6 years ago we paid $300 for a professional surveyor as we wanted to install a property line fence. Funny thing is, we discovered the neighbors around us--who had been in their homes more than 10 years ALL placed trees or fences right on their property lines (which abutted ours), and some had actually been maintaining what was now OUR property as their own...LOL! One neighbor wasn't too happy that when our fence went up it cut "his property" in half! LOL Oh well! We paid for it, so we were going to use it! In fact that's where we installed an evergreen tree line and our pool!

Also having a professional survey done means your survey record will be kept at your town/city hall if anyone raises a stink about it, they can argue with the town/city officials.

There's an old saying that goes "Fences make for great neighbors."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with the others, to resolve this you either have to get the survey our use the one you had when you bought your home. As Lorikeet said about the fences they make great neighbors! Perhaps put a vinyl picket fence on the line, that should keep them honest!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008