How come people cant take honesty?

How come people can be honest to you all they like, but when your honest to them its not right? ive just been in situations like that before and frankly im getting tired of it. ive stopped being around a lot of people cause of it.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 1:22 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• People say they want honesty, but whenever I give them honesty they say I hurt their feelings. Well then don't ask for my "honest" opinion.
    Anonymous

• Honesty makes some people evil when its in their hands when they have to get some it makes them mad because they can give it better then take it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Some people are more sensitive than others. I can dish and take honesty but others have the image of a hard shell but they are soft inside. Most of the time when someone says be honest, they really mean tell me what i want to hear only if it's good.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Cause the truth hurts. And few people are okay with facing their own truths even though they are blunt as baseball bats.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Some ppl say I'm too honest. Maybe that's why I only have 2 real friends. They can deal and appreciate my honesty. OP, I know how you feel.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• thanks all of the above is so true.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You have to be tactful. I mean I don't want to go around hurting feelings and being a bwitch.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There is honesty and then there is cruelty. It's okay to be honest but there is zero reason to ever be mean. When someone says you are hurting their feelings, my guess is that it was far more harsh than it needed to be.
    Anonymous

• yea thats true, i guess im just tired of people putting on a front, i dont like being mean to people either,but im tired of being ran over at the same time,so im trying to be a lot more careful who i let in my life now.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Because the truth hurts and most people aren't willing to acknowledge their truth; it's easier to blame someone else.
    Anonymous