Any tips on decorating a small yard?

Me and dh have a small yard the back has some size to it, but the dog pen is back there, so if i put any decorations itd be in the front.any ideas or tips?

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• keep the middle clean and neat. just grass (if you have grass) and create a border of flowers. It gives your home a well put together look and the flowers (colors that compliment your house) make it elegant.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• bump:)
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 1:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree line the outside with flowers and maybe light up the walk way (if you have one) with the solar lights.
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 2:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Don't put up anything that can get stolen. Those flowers you posted are pretty.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• how about the solar path lights. those are nice. you could also plant some flowers
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would do flowers but I would stay away from the solar lights. They don't really do much of anything and can barely be seen. Low voltage lighting is pretty easy to put in on your own and it lights up better and looks better. Of course I am an electrician so I am partial to using power over solar. hee hee -
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We're using a rock path with river rock and large stepping stones as one part of our small front yard. Those flower borders are beautiful but my thumb is black not green.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't have a green thumb either, and no patience for planting. We have a bed of Junipers, (nothing kills them), and a small concrete bench.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:14 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I am thinking a pretty concrete bench with some matching LARGE flower pots and a bird bath ! Add tons of color with flowers and garden globes ! :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 9:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Love the ideas the first poster added.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:58 PM on May. 10, 2011