When did you take your little ones off the bottle?

how did you do it??

hoobasweet

Asked by hoobasweet at 1:37 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I started around 11 months to a year. I slowly took each bottle away. I replaced it with milk in a sippy cup instead.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• a couple weeks before his 1st birthday. I alternated between a bottle and sippy cup for 2 months before and I just took it away all together.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My dd was 11 months when we took her off. We just bought a bunch of sippies and told her she was big enough for a big girl cup... She loved it. She was really easy to do those things with, though.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• He was 15 months old - I started taking away the nap bottle then the night bottle,. I did it in a week and it sucked lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I stopped putting formula in bottles at 12 months and put in water, milk, juice or whatever went into a sippy cup with a soft lid that mimicked a bottle top and from there we bought two different cups with lids that were harder and spill proof. The entire bottle was gone by 16 months and replaced with a cup or sippy
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We took ours off the bottle completely at one year old. At about 9 months, we started letting them have a sippy cup to play with in the bathtub at at meal times. By 1 year old, they made the transition completely with no problems. It's a little bittersweet to let go of the bottle - it means baby is growing up. :)
    MamaTL

Answer by MamaTL at 1:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My oldest was 15 months. He really stopped himself. He had a pacifier though. My other 2 were almost 3. They loved it and I didn't have the heart to do it. I gave them water only at that point. Eventually they gave it up themselves.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Introduced sippy cup at 6 months, by 8-12 months off of bottle.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 10:34 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I started offering him a sippy cup at 6 months, he gave up his bottle completely by 9 months.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:37 AM on May. 10, 2011