Job search in new state?

We're moving to another state, husband has a job lined up for him, but I do not. Is it acceptable to apply for a job 2 weeks before the move and just use the new address on application?

I want to start working ASAP when we get there...

Thank you! =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you already have an address, I don't see why not. Just be sure that they can get in touch with you by phone/email. For what its worth, go ahead and apply if you have more than 2 weeks before the move. Also, go to the website of your new states' employment assistance agency and register with them. You may be able to apply for jobs online through that website.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• indeed.com is pretty good too for job ads
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I was wondering what your thoughts were on starting something from home. I know there are a lot of scams out there, but it would cushion you if you for a legit one.. at least for a little while, even if you didn't make a significant amount. Have you thought of that?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• if you are interested in a home business, contact me for the details. this business can go anywhere!!! i will look forward to hearing from you!!
    All the answers above are great tips. It can be done. Depends on the work you do
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:26 AM on May. 10, 2011