My sister is pregnant ( Baby # 4)

She is pregnant ( 4 weeks), and is leaning towards adoption. SHe has a had a rough time. And thinking adoption would be the best fit for the baby. She is unable to support this child and the dad doesnt care what happens. She has been with him for about 2-3 months and he is no where stable to raise a child and doesnt support any of his other kids. Any advice for her on maybe a open adoption or if YOU are looking to adopt let US know. God Bless all of you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• The last part of your post upsets me ... CafeMom is not an Ebay for babies.
    Anonymous

• You need to direct her to private adoption attorney. I would ask that the adoptive parents pay for a tubal ligation as part of the process, God bless her for being a big enough person to realize that her child would be better off. Many times the adoptive parents will pay for support and doctor's bills. I wouldn't advertise on here, god only knows what you would be subject to,, please contact an attorney.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would love to adopt, but like the PP said.. this is not ebay for babies. look into a legal adoption and until the baby is born she could change her mind, don't get someone's hopes up.. 4 weeks is not a lot og time compared to the 36-ish she has left to change her mind.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it sounds like she is making a good decision i hope you guys find a wanting family good luck!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Get her first to talk to someone who has been through it, some people really cannot handle giving a child up. Then if she decides she should go to a private adoption attorney as an above post says.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Is there any family that may consider adoption? If not, you need to direct her to a private adoption agency.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I wasnt trying to come off as selloing a baby!! Get real...She is trying to find a home that would be better than would she would be offering...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• So, if someone says they are intersted in adopting this child how are they to contact you? To post Anon to this seems very suspicious. There are plenty of sites out there that are dedicated to helping moms who want to find a family to adopt their baby.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Adoption is an AMAZING decision! Giving a life to someone who cant create a life themselves
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My heart really goes out to you and your family. I am sure this is hard on all of you. Most people are open to an open adoption these days. One beautiful thing is...there are so many couples that pray for a baby of their own and your sis can make that happen. I respect her so much for considering that. I do not know how to get the ball rolling, but I am sure some mom here will. There will be nay sayers on this post, ignore them. The rest of us are here for you.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:48 PM on May. 9, 2011