When is the 'sugar test' given and what is it like?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 1:43 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me I had to drink and super sugared up orange soda. I mean it was so sweet it made my head spin! I had 10 min to get it down then in an hour? 2 hours? I don't remember... I had to go to a lab to have my blood drawn for a glucose level... The drink wasn't gross but it wasn't good either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If I remember correctly around 6 months and u u do is drink a sugary drink then give blood.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i dont remember when i had to do it but it was def ICKY :p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• about 6 months.. you drink the drink, wait an hour (after the drinl is completely gone), get stuck, and your out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• the sugar test is given between 26 and 28 weeks, i am 27 weeks now and i have to go next week for the test. They give u an orange colored drink that u have to finish within 5 mins and then you have to have your blood drawn exactly one hour after you finished it
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:13 PM on May. 9, 2011